Welcome to Themelia, a meticulously crafted and balanced WordPress theme for personal and professional blogging. Designed for authors, freelancers, agencies and everyone else.
Themelia supports WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, Jetpack modules including Contact form and Infinite Scroll, Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms and other popular free and premium plugins. Themelia has custom theme settings based on WordPress Customizer to change theme layout, colors, Google Fonts and much more. Typographic hierarchy and balance is established with the use of the modular scale. You can select different scales for different screen sizes. It’s built with search-engine optimization (SEO) in mind. It has consistent syntax structure, it’s HTML5 valid, optimized for speed and SEO, utilizing most current HTML5 conventions and Schema.org microdata. The theme is built on the rock-solid Hybrid Core theme framework.
Responsive Layout, Classic Menu, Mobile Menu, Social Menu, Breadcrumb Navigation, Featured Images, Custom Colors, Theme Options, Modular Scale Typography, Google Fonts, Post Formats
Theme Options – Customizer
The Customizer allows you to preview changes to your site before publishing them.
- Site Title and Description – change / show / hide
- Logo – Upload image for site logo
- Site Icon (used as a browser and app icon)
Site Title and Header
- Header Layout – Select layout for header elements (branding and main navigation). Stacked: left aligned, right aligned, centered. Inline: logo->menu, menu->logo.
- Site Header Background (Background color for header area) and Site Header Separator (Thin border between Site Header and Content Area).
- Site Title and Description – Color and Size for Site Title and Tagline (Site Description). This is shown according to settings in the Site Identity. If you add site logo, Site Title and Tagline will hide, but always available for screen readers.
- Main Navigation Typography – Select Font family, size and other attributes.
- Main Navigation Colors – Colors for top level links and dropdowns.
Body Text and Links
- Body Text (Base typography settings.) – Font Family, text and links color. Default Font Family is Roboto.
Text Size – Modular Scale
A modular scale is a sequence of numbers that relate to one another in a meaningful way. You can set different base font and different modular scale for Large screens (desktops), Mediums screens (tablets and other medium size devices) and Small screens (smartphones and other small devices).
This theme provides four scales, Major Second, Minor Third, Major Third and Perfect Fourth.
Find more about the concept of modular scale, also check Modular Scale calculator and Type Scale.
Headings & Entry Titles
- Color, weight, transform and letter spacing for entry titles and content headings.
Breadcrumbs & Secondary Text
- Display Breadcrumbs – on/off
- Secondary Text – Text size for breadcrumbs.
- Secondary Text – Size and color for entry meta, date, time, Read More link.
- Global Layout – (2 columns – sidebar / content, 2 columns – content / sidebar, 1 column content). You can override this per page/post basis.
- Footer Widgets – Choose the number of widget columns in the footer widget area. Each column can have any number of widgets.
- Background Color – Pick body background color.
- Background Image – Upload/Select body background image.
- Colors for separators and horizontal lines
This panel is used for managing Navigation Menus for content you have already published on your site. You can create menus and add items for existing content such as pages, posts, categories, tags, formats, or custom links. Menus can be displayed in locations defined by the theme or in widget areas by adding a “Custom Menu” widget.
This theme uses Navigation Menus
wp_nav_menu() in three locations. Primary, Footer – Left and Footer – Right.
- Primary Placed in the top header. For the Main site navigation.
- Footer – Left Placed in the left footer. This is a one level menu (no dropdowns)
- Footer – Right – (optionally social menu) Placed in the right footer. You can use it as a regular menu or as a Social Links menu. Inputting a custom link to your social profile the menu item will automatically display an icon for that social network (icons are provided by Ionicons icon font). To hide textual part of the link and display only the icon, add “icon-only” class to each menu item. If you add “icon-only” class, text will be visually hidden, but still available for screen readers.
Theme has five widget areas:
- Primary sidebar – The main sidebar. It is displayed on either the left or right side of the page based on the chosen layout.
- Subsidiary sidebar – A sidebar located in the upper footer of the site. Optimized for one wide widget (and multiples thereof).
- Footer Widgets – An area optimized for one, two, three or four widgets (and multiples thereof). Each column can have any number of widgets.
- Colophon sidebar – Widget added in this sidebar will replace default theme copyright line in the site footer. Optimized for one widget. Best use: Text Widget (or similar) with auto paragraph and without title.
- Colophon Right sidebar – A widget area located in the bottom-right footer of the site. Optimized for one widget.
Static Front Page
This theme supports a static front page.
- In your admin panel, go to Appearance -> Themes and click the ‘Add New’ button.
- Type in Themelia in the search form and press the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard.
- Click on the ‘Activate’ button to use your new theme right away.
- Navigate to Appearance > Customize in your admin panel and customize to taste.
Notes for developers
Kirki Toolkit modification (original version is 2.3.7)
- Removed CodeMirror to reduce the size
- Changed text-domain, from ‘kirki’ into ‘themelia’
- Removed enqueuing empty kirki-styles-. Changed $handle parameter in
wp_add_inline_style(), added inline ‘themelia-style’. The change is in the file “class-kirki-styles-frontend.php”.
- If you need CodeMirror it is safe to install and activate the official version of Kirki plugin. If you activate Kirki plugin, bundled library will not load.
Unsemantic CSS Framework
- Media queries breakpoints slightly modifed
- Grid container width and grid paddings modified
Copyright and License
Themelia WordPress Theme, Copyright 2016 Dario Devcic
Themelia is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
Third Party Resources
HybridCore v3.1.0, Copyright (c) 2008 – 2016, Justin Tadlock
License: GNU GPL, Version 2 (or later)
Kirki Toolkit v2.3.7, Copyright (c) 2016, Aristeides Stathopoulos
Ionicons icon font v3.0.0-alpha.3, Copyright (c) 2016, Drifty
Unsemantic CSS Framework, Created by Nathan Smith
SmartMenus jQuery Plugin v1.0.1, Copyright 2016 Vasil Dinkov, Vadikom Web Ltd.
HTML5 Shiv v3.7.0, Copyright 2014 Alexander Farkas
All jQuery plugins are minified. Full source versions are also bundled in theme package. Full source versions will be loaded if
SCRIPT_DEBUG is set to
TRUE in your
wp-config.php file. Otherwise, the
*.min.css file is loaded.
Image used in screenshot.png
All other resources and theme elements are licensed under the GNU GPL, version 2 or later.